beck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bağlı değilsiniz. Bağlanın ya da kayıt olun

Lions taunt Tebow, sack him seven times to beat Broncos 45-10

Aşağa gitmek  Ismarıc [1 səhifə (Cəmi 1 səhifə)]

Swinderman

The NFL's own website billed it as Good vs. Evil, and as Ndamukong Suh said after the Detroit Lions blitzed, battered and mocked Tim Tebow, "Evil prevails."
The Lions flustered Tebow with a season-hcheap jerseys from chinaigh seven sacks and ended a troublesome two-game losing streak in grand fashion Sunday, beating the Broncos at Sports Authority Field, 45-10.

At 6-2, the Lions enter their bye week and the mid-point of the season firmly in control of their own playoff destiny and with the third-best record in the NFC.

BOX SCORE: Lions 45, Broncos 10
VIDEO: Lions-Broncos highlights

"Better than 5-3, not as good as 7-1," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. "After starting 5-0, and then you're going to have some rough spots over the course of a 16-game season and we did. We had a couple losses in a row. But to come on the road, get back on track, finish the second quarter of the season 2-2, there's a lot of positives there.

"But you don't win any prizes or trophies for first half of the season stats or records. We have a long way to go and I think our guys know that."

After struggling to sustain drives on offense and stop the run on defense in losses the last two weeks to the Falcons and 49ers, the Lions put together their most complete game of the season against the overmatched Broncos.

Matthew Stafford threw for 267 yards and three touchdowns on a gimpy ankle and the Lions got two defensive scores and relentless pressure on Tebow.

Stafford, who sprained his right ankle in last week's loss to the Falcons, completed his first seven passes and was 21 of 30 when he gave way to Shaun Hill in the fourth quarter.
wholesale jerseys
He threw touchdowns of 41 yards to Titus Young (the first of Young's career), 1 yard to Tony Scheffler (against his former team) and 56 yards to Calvin Johnson (for his league-leading 11th score).

Cliff Avril had two sacks and returned a fumble 24 yards for a touchdown, and Chris Houston took a Tebow interception back 100 yards for a score.

"We did an excellent job getting back to Tebow and speeding up his clock," said Ndamukong Suh, the only starter on the defensive line who didn't have a sack Sunday. "From an overall standpoint from blitzing to the front-four rush, we made good plays and really just got him moving out of the pocket.

"He's not a quarterback that usually is on time with his passing, but we didn't allow him to sit back there. We were in his face and we'd ei2011 NHL all star Jerseysther tackle him or he was throwing the ball away or trying to scramble for some yards."

Tebow led the Broncos (2-5) to a field goal on their opening drive, then struggled to move the ball over the next three quarters until the game was well out of reach.

A week after leading Denver to a come-from-behind win over the Dolphins, Tebow finished just 18 of 39 passing for 172 yards. He didn't top the 100-yard mark until midway through the fourth quarter, had a passer rating of just 56.8.

"It's disappointing," said Tebow. "We need to get a lot better."

He did not get a ringing endorsement cheap nhl jerseysfrom Broncos coach John Fox, either. Asked who might start next Sunday at Oakland, Fox said, "It's too early to say. I haven't even had a shower yet, let alone look at the tape. We've definitely got to get better."

Tebow was taunted on two occasions by the brash Lions who've embraced their bad-boy image.

Linebacker Stephen Tulloch knelt in mock prayer over Tebow after his first-quarter sack (a pose coined as "Tebowing" last week because of Tebow's Christian beliefs), and Scheffler celebrated his score by half-Tebowing then turning to give Johnson a Mile High salute.

"It was just something that I thought about throughout the week knowing that I'd be spying him and have a couple blitzes to get after him," Tulloch said. "It's something I was having fun with. I told one of my friends I was going to do it so I was able to do it."

Offensively, the Lions avoided the slow starts that had become a problem over the first seven weeks.

Stafford hit a wide-open Young in the middle of the end zone on the Lions' opening drive, Scheffler and Maurice Morris (1 yard) added touchdowns before halftime to give the Lions a 24-3 lead, and Johnson finished with six catches for 125 yards, his fourth straight 100-yard game.

The Lions forced three Broncos turnovers in the second half - the two touchdown returns and a fourth-quarter fumble - and Denver managed just one first down in the nine drives aft[url=http://answers.yahoo.reklam olmaz/question/index?qid=20111023195725AA3NVau]cheap jerseys[/url]er its opening score.

"It's a competition of who's going to have the better day," the offense or defense, Stafford said. "They're scoring points on defense, we're trying to light the scoreboard up. That's when we're at our best, when we're playing fast, up-tempo football, both sides of the ball, guys attacking all over the place and trying to make plays."http://x6tcvsku.forumotion.com/t2-lions-taunt-tebow-sack-him-seven-times-to-beat-broncos-45-10

Əvvələ qayıt  Ismarıc [1 səhifə (Cəmi 1 səhifə)]

Bu forumun müsaadesi var:
Bu forumdakı ismarıclara cavab verə bilməzsiniz.